There is endless charm in this meticulously maintained, classically sophisticated home with the red door. A distinguished 2800 sq ft brick Colonial that gracefully lines the Gold Coast Palmera Court-Dayton Ave cul-de-sac; a much-desired neighborhood on the Island of Alameda. If you appreciate well loved historic properties that are in a picture perfect community with a small town feel, you are going to love this home!
The front of the home has a classic presence. Beautiful brick steps lead you into the home’s foyer, an entryway that flows rhythmically throughout the entire first floor, boasting impeccable original hardwood floors and lovely french doors.
The updated country kitchen is warm and welcoming filled with gracious details and extraordinary light, combining antique charm with everything a modern cook could desire. Featuring new appliances, including a brand new electric stove, oven, and sink. The laundry room with brand new washer and dryer in place is convenient to the kitchen, first floor half bath, and side entrance – just a few steps down into a special hide-away room perfect for wrapping gifts!
The home offers three bedrooms, two full baths, and two half baths. The spacious master bedroom offers a separate his and her custom walk-in closet with built-in shelves and drawers that lead you into your very own tranquil retreat; a walk-in floor to ceiling glass stall shower filled with polished glossy tiles and a separate large soaking Jacuzzi tub.
A fourth bedroom acts as a den including a bathroom with a beautiful clawfoot soaking tub that has become the centerpiece of this full bath and offers you sweet tree-top views of Alameda through its stained glass windows. The den is fully equipped with two separate built-in work stations that provide ample work space, filing drawers, and is cable ready with an Ethernet set-up option.
Highlights about the home:
– Each bedroom is also cable ready
– Upgrades also include new washer and dryer in the basement
– Built-in bar nook with mini fridge and sink
– Plenty of electrical outlets and lighting fixtures
– Built-in BBQ in backyard with basketball hoop
– Single, detached garage with attic above – lots of storage and street parking options
– Security system (burglar and fire)
– Abundant closet space
– Walking distance to multiple Public and Private schools – Lum and Franklin Elementary schools, Wood Middle School, and St Joseph Elementary and High School
– Access to public transportation and commute options – only a block from AC Transit stop to SG Transbay station, short drive to two Alameda Ferry stations to SF (Embarcadero) with free parking to
AT&T Park, Google bus, Bart station and multiple access to freeways
– Access to Beach and water, Shopping and Eating – A very short distance to South Shore Shopping Center, Post Office, Restaurants, Safeway/Trader Joe’s and to downtown Park Street, and a
five-minute walk to the sandy Beach to walk, bike, or jog while watching the sunrise/sunset against the San Francisco skyline
– Just 25 minutes from San Francisco and 10 minutes from Oakland International Airport
Note: Home is situated on a corner lot where annual Mayor’s 4th of July Parade passes – priceless family fun and entertainment with friends and family for an all day party!
Shown by appointment with Agent only. PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB OCCUPANTS.
Tenant responsible for all utilities. Owner pays for gardener. Small dog negotiable on a case by case basis. Tenant to pay Broker a one time Rental Fee equal to 30% of the first month’s rent upon lease signing. $35 application fee per adult applicant. Renters Insurance required.